Friday, December 3, 2021

I’m not strong

Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong.

- Ephesians 6:10 (CEV)

 

I have to confess something, and it’s a little weird.

I have been deceiving my friends and family for a long time.

You see, they all think that I am this super strong person that can handle anything that is thrown my way.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Earlier this year I was struggling with a lot going wrong in my world and I felt like some people knew what was going on and still expected me to shoulder their problems while dealing with my own. 
The past week has been a waterfall of tragedy and emotion, I am literally watching my mother die from complications of a fall compiled with her Alzheimer’s disease, and it is heart wrenching to watch her struggle for every breath.

Newsflash – I’m broken too, I’m not that strong.

I had to lean on God, and when I say lean on Him, I literally mean fall on the floor at His feet and give it all to Him because I just could not.

Song reference:

There's a name that can silence every fear

There's a love that embraces

The heartache, the pain and the tears

Through my faith and my doubting

I know one thing for sure

His word is unfailing

His promise secure

Everything will be alright

The whole world's in His hands

Your whole world's in His hands

In the darkness and the trials

He's faithful and He's true

The whole world's in His hands

Oh-oh oh-oh-oh

Everything will be alright

Oh-oh-oh-oh

Yeah

Father, You say everything is gonna be alright

But my circumstances say I won't last through the night

I need Your word to hold me now, need You to pull me through

I need a miracle, a breakthrough, I need You

They say You hold the whole universe in Your hand

But my world's falling apart like it is made of sand

Am I small enough to slip through the cracks?

Can You take my broken pieces and put them back?

Give me faith to believe You are on my side

Open my eyes to see You working in my life

Let the past remind me You never fail

Tell my soul "It is well" (oh)

Everything will be alright

The whole world's in His hands

Your whole world's in His hands

In the darkness and the trials

He's faithful and He's true

Your whole world's in His hands

Oh-oh oh-oh-oh

Everything will be alright (everything will be alright)

Oh-oh oh-oh-oh

Everything will be alright

Oh-oh oh-oh-oh (eh-yeh)

He's got the whole world in His hands

He's got the whole world in His hands

He's got the whole wide world in His hands
It is hard to believe that God can take our brokenness and turn it into good, but He can.

We probably won’t see it at first, it may take months or even years, but He will give us the strength we need to carry on.

I’m still here – that is your proof that God has made me strong.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...